Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gathering of the Vibes recap

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the love and substance festival known as the Gathering of the Vibes.

Some of the headliners of this event were Crosby, Stills, Nash, Bob Weir, Buddy Guy, moe., George Clinton and P Funk, and the beautiful Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

Some highlights from the show include Deep Banana Blackout, playing their original funk roots music for a hometown crowd on Friday night. Friday night also saw the takeover from Lettuce, a super talented funk outfit.

Now when thousands of people get together to imbibe in music and excess I usually don't take out my camera but I made an exception for Sunday afternoon. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the Grace Potter set.





It was a week from Buddy Guy's 73rd birthday last Sunday and the guy can still rip. He was full of admiration for sexy ladies and guitar riffs. He knows his priorities.

No comments: